HOW TO USE YOUR PERSONAL TRAINING ACCOUNT (CPF)
You want to take a language course? It can be fully financed by your Personal Training Account!
What is the CPF?
Introduced in January 2015, the CPF is a funding system dedicated to training and available to all employees. Every year, full-time employees earn €500* of credit set aside strictly for training. Unused credits can be cumulated**.
This budget allows you to learn new skills throughout your professional life. Training courses can be chosen freely: they do not have to correspond to your present job. This can be particularly useful during a period of unemployment or if you envisage a career change.
* This is the credit allocated annually for a qualified employee working full-time or at least half time. The credit is €800 for unskilled and disabled workers. The credit is calculated pro rata for people working less than half time.
** There is an overall limit of €5,000 for full-time employees, or €8,000 for unskilled employees.
How to finance your training with your CPF
1. The first step is to create your personal account on the website: www.moncompteformation.gouv.fr
If you have already created your account, you can skip to point no.2 below.
To create your CPF account, you can follow this tutorial. Your personal space on the website allows you to see your rights at any time, and to browse and choose a training course.
2. How do I register for a Formation Langues course?
Your CPF credit is personal and allows you to take training courses of your choice throughout your professional life, whether or not they relate directly to your current job.
If you want to improve your language skills to enhance your performance in your job or simply to enrich your visits abroad, make the most of your CPF and opt for training in English, German, Spanish, Italian or another language of your choice.
How to transfer your "DIF" individual training hours to your CPF
How is CPF-financed language training organized?
For ALL our students we define a personalized course, taking into account their proficiency and goals, their budget and of course their availability to attend lessons.
Every Formation Langues course is unique, adapted to your needs and aspirations.
The only particularity of a course financed by your CPF is that it must be concluded by a certification test, since this assesses the level you have attained.
We are accredited to conduct several certification tests among the most well-known and appreciated by international companies. Our teachers can advise you on the best choice according to your level and your needs (everyday conversation, business language, foreign visits, etc.).
What if my CPF credit is insufficient?
We do our best to adapt your program to your budget. If your CPF credit is too small, it is possible to supplement it in other ways:
- Pay the shortfall yourself.
- Apply for funding from the Departmental Council (Conseil Général du Loiret) or other institutions.
- Job seekers and people undergoing professional conversion can ask for support from the public employment service (Pôle Emploi).
- Get help from your employer! If your training will clearly be useful in your job, your company may agree to pay for it in part or in full. Talk to your Personnel Manager.
- For more information about funding options for individuals or companies wishing to contribute to employee training, take a look at our Paying For My Language Training page.